Friday, July 28, 2017

Welcome to my Inaugural Posting!

   Thanks for visiting my blog on retiring to Thailand from Las Vegas--a huge change for us and I hope interesting to others who want to know what life is like on the other side of the world! My husband Jimm and I have traveled all over the place, but a trip we made to Thailand in 2015 was unlike any other we had experienced. We talked about our adventure for months and were kind of amazed at what a connection we felt for that exotic country.
   In 2016 when Jimm made the suggestion that we retire to Bangkok if I thought I could make the numbers work, I JUMPED at the chance. Looking back, I know I have always wanted to live in other countries...traveling has always been a part of who I am and to live in Thailand and also be able to see all over Southeast Asia was a bonus too good to pass up. Our lives have been conventional but in un-conventional ways, so in retrospect moving here is so "us"! To the family and friends who thought we were kidding, I only point to the way we have done things in our lives. My personal mantra "Nothing to it but to do it!"  sums it all up- because a dream without a plan is just a wish and if I want it to happen, I find a way!
  Fastforward 13 months later and through much reading, researching, watching youtube, emailing people and so much more we now live 14 hours ahead of Las Vegas time and it was absolutely the best decision for us!



   So as I sit here on the 28th floor of my 485 sq foot apartment, looking out at a cityscape of 14 million people in a major world city, I hope you enjoy following our adventure and on the way, learn about the culture and people of this amazing country...

   

2 comments:

  1. Dear Audrey and Jimm -- if it weren't for all our hitech communication means, you know how upset I would be feeling! As things stand, though, all I can do is wish you all the very very very best in your new lives -- with one tremendously important condition: always stay in touch!!!!
    Lots of love to you both -- Sally (only five hours ahead of me!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally- love you to bits! talk very very soon!

    ReplyDelete